Thursday 19 August 2010

A BIT OF HOME BAKING AND LIFE

Hi all ... Well looking out of my crafting room window here it looks far from a lovely summer's day .  I think we have skipped the last part of Summer and just gone straight into Autumn , oh for the long Summer days of my youth !


Over the last couple of weeks my son David and Andrew my daughter Ruth's partner have done very well in the 1st season of Racing Pigeons .

The pigeon , a blue checker , was home first from a race over 100 miles away and he took 1st in the Pigeon Club that they race in and also 1st in the Fed , that is a combination of all the clubs in our area .  So everyone was thrilled .  They are certainly doing well for their 1st racing season .  The bottom picture is my grand-son Drew , Ruth's and Andrew's youngest child .  I had to include this as he looks so cute .  He has his own bucket of food and he's waiting for his pigeon to come home ... isnt he just the cutest thing !!

I do some baking to take down with me when i go down to watch the pigeons come home ... well you have to have a cup of coffee or tea and a piece of cake dont you ?!! lol .

In all the many things that i have made over the years , i have never made a cheesecake .  So i decided to give it a go and here is my 'strawberry cheesecake '  and it certainly wont be the last one i ever make !  It was really easy to make , i dont know why i havent ever had a go at making one before .
In the top picture i made Chocolate Cheesecake muffins ... Very nice , everyone loved them , although i found them a bit too sweet .  The botom one is of Carrot muffins with a cream cheese icing , again these were enjoyed by all .  You cant beat home baking , but it is surprising how many rather buy cakes than make them now-a-days  .  My daughter's all bake and i usually get a plateful brought up to me , which is a lovely treat !
Well i'm off now for a cup of coffee and maybe i'll just have a piece of cake with it lol .
Wishing everyone a very happy day .

I came across this quote on some-one else's  blog and i just have to include it .

" IF YOU DONT SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL ,
THEN MARCH DOWN THERE AND SWITCH IT ON YOURSELF . "  

I love that !! ...

Take care everyone , until next time ...love and hugs Melita xx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my page Melita. I just love making new friends! Those cakes and goodies look really tasty and love the family pictures. We have lots of wood pigeons in our back garden. They are getting nice and plump from all the scraps we put out for them. I find homing pigeons fascinating! Have a wonderful weekend.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Melita!!! Your baking looks so good.

    XXX Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments ladies !! ..i love make new friends too ! ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting (bird racing) and OMG.. those treats look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've put on weight just looking at the pics. x

    ReplyDelete