Thursday 1 July 2010

Shall we begin ?? !!

I've been thinking about doing this blog for awhile now .  I already have another blog for card-making and scrapbooking , but i wanted a place that i could come to and just write random stuff , whether it be about my daily life , my baking , books that i'm reading and to add poems and quotes .

So here we are .

I'm sitting in my crafting room at the moment on my easy chair typing this .  My fatigue from my ME is kicking in at the moment and i'm fighting not too drop off to sleep .  I hate this illnes or should i say illness's , i feel like a prisoner in my own body .  There are some days when i dont feel so bad , when the pain level is low and then you think if i just do something a bit more it wont hurt ? !! Oh but it does hurt because next day or even the after that the pain will kick in and boy does it let you know that yes it did matter .  The feeling of not having control over your own body is a frightening one , but somehow you have to try and over come that helpless feeling .  Pacing yourself is something you are told or you read time after time , but when you have always been active it isn't quite that easy .  Having to give up work last year has helped but not as much as i thought or hoped it would , but i am coping better and i dont have to deal with so much stress as i did before so that is a bonus !

I'm going to end here i think as if i dont get up and start doing something i am going to fall asleep ... Bye for now .....I'd like to leave you with this quote which says it all really for some-one suffering from some form of illness .......love and hugs Meme xxxx

" BE NOT AFRAID OF GOING SLOWLY ;
  BE AFRAID OF STANDING STILL . "

CHINESE PROVERB

3 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up Melita. I started having mysterious health problems 10 years ago, all I heard was "there is nothing we can find". Turns out I am gluten intolerant. I quit my job last year too. I have a vintage store and am open weekends 5 hours each day, that is plenty. Now I am doing my little cupboards and blog. Thank you for joining my blog and for your so nice comment, it really made my day. Take special care my friend,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Victoria ..They mean a lot to me ! ...Take care hunnie Melita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how to respond,but to say this,its a comfort to know that its not all in the mind-its real and i am not alone. Im still learning the 'pace yourself' thing,and your right about it not being easy. Thank you for finding my blog and following me,im now off to look at your crafty blog.

    Hugs
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete